JOIN THE WT DIGITAL TEAM!
WT DIGITAL AGENCY SEEKS CONTENT MARKETING INTERNS
Attention all sophomore, junior, and senior college students currently pursuing degrees in journalism, English/creative writing, marketing/communications, business, or other related degrees!
We at WT Digital are looking to hire TWO new content marketing strategy interns at our full-service marketing agency. This internship will provide real-world, hands-on experience and professional mentorship in exchange for college credit, and can be done either full-time or part-time.
We’re looking for a 4-month commitment with the option to extend to 5/6 months, for at least 25 hours a week. Work will be entirely remote. Target start date would be September 15.
Interns will report to one of our content marketing strategist, but you will also work collaboratively with our entire team.
If you're creative, versatile, ambitious, and have ironclad writing chops to boot, we’d love to hear from you! Meanwhile, here are some key details.
What You Will Do:
- WRITE, WRITE, WRITE:
- We’ll want you to draft all manner of captivating, compelling, pithy, and poignant marketing language and customizing the messaging to suit a wide variety of mediums and platforms.
- Tasks may include social media copy, email copy, website copy, blog posts, articles, interviews, or even potentially video scripts.
- Let your creativity shine through.
- With our content team, you’ll be a part of generating new and interesting ideas for content.
- You’ll also help us figure out new ways to incorporate a robust SEO strategy into the content creation process.
- Get an insider glimpse into how a fast-paced, bustling digital marketing agency operates.
- Help analyze and compile data into regular reports for clients. Tasks may include:
- Reviewing and highlighting how social media boosts or ads are doing
- Drafting recommendations on how to improve our efforts on social (such as tweaking target audiences or adjusting creative)
- Gain real-world experience on how to collaborate with and assist a broad range of clients from across many different industries
- Contribute to brainstorming sessions
- Schedule email campaigns and social content, adding content to our clients’ websites, photo research, and more
- Help keep editorial calendars up-to-date.
- BONUS: For those with super strong writing skills, we may have you pitch and write longer-form content for some clients
What You Will Definitely NOT Do:
- Menial, trivial tasks that have no connection to the goals and priorities of the team as a whole
- Working alone in a silo with no collaboration or request for your input
- Fetching coffee for people (everyone’s remote anyway, but you get it! We will never make you feel like you’re just running errands or doing busy work with no purpose)
What Will Help You Be Successful:
- Cannot stress this enough: We’ll be looking for superb writing skills.
- Great work ethic and the drive to succeed
- Curiosity and the desire to learn, grow, and hone your skills (seriously, this is a learning process, and we’re always happy to talk about the why, how, and what - you’ve just gotta be willing to ask questions when you don’t know something!)
- Working knowledge of social media platforms including, but not limited to: Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube
- Ability to manage time and juggle projects in a way that demonstrates effective time management
- A sense of humor
- Familiarity with WordPress is a plus. (But not a requirement!)
- Available to work weekdays from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. (We know you may have varied hours with class, and are happy to figure out the best way to work around your schedule)
- Strong organizational and communication skills with keen attention to detail
- Problem-solving skills
Who We Are:
In a nutshell:
The Atlanta-based, locally owned WT Digital Agency has been around for more than ten years in the digital marketing industry. We specialize in combining brand aesthetics and storytelling with digital, social, and content marketing strategies to elevate your online presence, engage with your customers, create more leads and grow your business - a perfect blend of creative and digital marketing technology.
Our content leadership:
Sara Crawford, Content Strategist, has a BA in English from Kennesaw State University and an MFA in Creative Writing from the University of New Orleans as well as years of experience writing across multiple mediums. In her spare time, she has authored numerous novels, has a YouTube channel, and is the host of the Find Creative Expression podcast. More info can be found at http://saracrawford.net.
How to Apply:
If interested, please send us a resume, cover letter that outlines why you’d be a terrific fit for WT Digital Agency, and three writing samples (ideally, this will include at least one piece that’s long enough to demonstrate writing style and voice).
We’ll reach out to those we select for an initial interview.
After the initial phone interview, we’ll ask for three professional (or academic) references and schedule a follow-up Zoom video interview with more members of our team.
SUBMIT YOUR CONTACT INFORMATION, RESUME, AND COVER LETTER BELOW.